TIPS & HINTS
HOME GARDENING TIPS
For hints and tips on growing a vegetable garden or subsistence farming visit the Starke Ayres Garden Centre website - www.starkeayresgc.co.za
Acid Loving Plant Mix
Fertiliser Group 2
Registration No. B2289 – ACT 36 of 1947
Starke Ayres Acid Loving Plant Mix is a balanced blend of acidifying agents, and trace elements, which, when used as directed will adjust the pH level of the soil to a range of between 5.0 and 6.0, prevent and cure Iron Chlorosis (yellowing) and restore natural leaf colour of Hydrangeas.
Aluminium Sulphate - 40.0% by mass
Ferrous Sulphate - 40.0% by mass
Sulphur [S] - 20.0% by mass [31.0 total content].
USES AND BENEFITS:
Acid Loving mix is used in addition to normal fertiliser programmes. It ...
• is easy to apply;
• is easily absorbed by the plant;
• enhances the blue colour of the Hydrangea blooms;
• promotes photosynthesis and respiration in the plant;
• assists the plant to resist diseases and remain healthy throughout the growing season; and
• replaces Iron deficiency often found in acid soils.
Acid Loving Mix is used in addition to normal fertiliser programmes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Acid Loving Mix is applied directly to soil at budding stage.
• Sprinkle 40g (two tablespoonfuls) round the plant.
• Rake lightly into the soil.
• Repeat after five weeks.
Contact the Starke Ayres Call Centre on 0860 782 753